VIDEO GAME IMPRESSIONS: Aorus x7
Written by Rachel Morgan Perchinske
Hey everyone! Okay so bringing you another look at upcoming technology! This here above is the Aorus x7 made by Gigabyte! I’m so very excited to talk about this tonight, this is supposed to be the beginning of the next generation of gaming laptops! This laptop made it’s first debut at the 2014 CES, I’ve read multiple reviews, from gameinformer, TechReader, PCworld, etc. So far, my views on this laptop has not changed, the specs on the laptop blow my mind.
Coming straight from the website (http://www.aorus.com/x7.aspx)
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Professional
- 4th Generation Intel Core i7 4700HQ Processor
- 17.3” Full HD 1920x1080 LCD backlight
- 4GB/8GB DDR3L 1600 4 slots (Max 32GB)
- Mobile Intel HM87 Express Chipset
- NVIDIA GTX 765M SLI GDDR5 4GB
- mSATA 128GB/256GB 2slot
- 2.5” HDD 500GB/750GB/1TB 5400rpm, 1 slot
- USB 3.0 x3, USB 2.0 x2, HDMI, D-sub, RJ45, Surround port, mini-display port, SD card reader, microphone-in, earphone out(SPDIF)
- 2 watt-speaker*2, woofer*2, Microphone, Aorus Acoustic+ technology
- LAN: Killer LAN Chip
- Wireless LAN 802.11ac
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth V4.1
- 1.3/1.0 Megapixel (optional)
- 428(W) x 305(D) x 22.9(H)mm
Those are just the specs! When you purchase this laptop you can also order the accessories which include but not limited to the gaming mouse, keyboard and a headset! The keyboard is called the Thunder K7, the mouse is called the Thunder M7, and the headset is called the Thunder H7. That’s just besides the point.
Back to the laptop itself, on the keyboard there are a few macro keys, along with keys to control your fans! Granted this laptop isn’t the lightest but there are a lot of heavier ones out there! The aluminum casing makes this laptop desirable, in my honest opinion, this is one sexy laptop! I can’t wait to get my hands on one of these and test it out for myself! Granted this laptop isn’t going to be cheap, in places where it has already been released is around 3k. Which is a bit much, then again, you’re getting what you’re paying for. There is no set release date yet for the US, but I will update as I find out more!
If I had the money, I would most likely purchase it, but that’s just me!
Corny joke of the day:What do you call a cow with no legs? Ground beef.
Follow Rachel on Tumblr, Twitter